Saturday 14 July 2012

Hey, glad you've stumbled upon my blog , this is my first attempt so i hope you enjoy reading it..

Hey there :) ,My names Tara, im nineteen and have many goals that ill be telling you about through my blogs,for my first one im going to discuss a festival i was at recently called Body and soul..

Body and soul is the first festival i've ever attended and one i will surely never forget, being nineteen the days before the festival i packed and unpacked my bag so many times id lost count , with my gear bag stacked full of bits and bobs (half of which i didn't need) i was ready to start this adventure when i arrived i was a day before the official opening (as i was a litter picker) i got to see it before all the muck and rain , seeing the forest lit up in all its glory was amazing running around in the dark of night looking up into trees where umbrellas hung, balls of twine and seeing sing posts based on an alice in wonderland theme led me to believe i was in a fairytale world ,the forest itself had so many twist and turns which not only led you astray but helped you stumble upon places to find yourself, quiet little areas in the woods where you were led to a snake made out of twigs and straw all well bound together by talented artists ..you find yourself drawn into the belly of the snake where you tie a ribbon and make a wish ..my wish came through during this weekend....

Some of the bands to perform the festival were herbalizer, django django , M83 and st vincent and gold panda .

St vincent was my first experience of a large live gig her performance was exhilarating ,hearing the crowd cheer and sing along with her sent shivers down my spine their performance was the first time id ever heard of or listened to their music . Watching the band perform so well and co-ordinated together was so exciting ...things got really heated up when there lead singer a beautiful female vocalist stepped upon the barriers and leapt off into the crown a moment in my life i will forever find amazing and hilarious is when she landed above me kicking me in the head it was such a whirlwind shock that she was crowd surfing and singing at once ....her talent is immeasurable her ability to rock a crowd whilst being tossed about is a skill not many artist have but she has it !.. her performance was amazing , memorable and unforgetable.


After St.vincent stepped off the stage i could feel my excitement building up as i knew M83 were next being a band on everyone of my playlist and music devices ,who i listen to on a daily  basis this was going to be the moment i was waiting for, i can still remember it now watching M83's alien step out onto the stage i could feel the pressure rising in my chest ,fireworks exploding in my mind as i stood staring in awe , this was the moment id been waiting for after the alien retreated i watched as the members of M83 stepped forward onto the stage in awe a tear of joy streamed down my face and i knew from the moment they looked out into the crowd that they were going to blow our minds . The crowd was exploding with screams of joy and like mine excitement . Watching their onstage performance was beautiful it was like watching a explosion of fireworks between the effect of the lighting and the way they each moved with ease , the stage was well and truly theirs, each step they took was so simplistic so smooth and their bassist jordan lawlor  was truly amazing to watch he releases the teenage hysteria in a crowd  he was so beautiful, so amazing  .When jordan lawlor bangs that drum and begins to dance and move, you know thats it you're hooked!. Being a young girl yes i will admit he is this nineteen year olds musical crush ,but hey have you seen the guy hes gorgeous!! .While onstage M83 create such a beatiful atmosphere in the crowd everyone is at ease  and so happy hearing them play ,im hooked im going to see them live every chance i get ,Their Amazing. Every time i think back to or listen to a song from their performance i am filed with nostalgia i can feel what it was like to be there, being in the front row of the crowd and so close yet so far was amazing.

i feel i may be ranting now but to conclude ,
Body and soul was an amazing festival ,an experience of a lifetime i lost my voice for two weeks afterwards, if your'e from ireland or abroad i advise you to go to body and soul it is one weekend in my life i will never forget . Especially due to M83's performance ( my absolute heros )


so before i sign off i've one more thing to add to my bucket list :
One day i would love to meet the members of m83 and as funny as it is make them a cup of tea and get to talk to them they are amazing <3


this was my first blog i do hope you enjoyed reading it ,even my moments of what i now call fan girl memories .

thanks a million ,
Tara :P

No comments:

Post a Comment